Here is a great article about the importance of getting off the ground with your mobile marketing strategy from OpenForum.com. In fact, this artcile helped me get the go ahead to create our new mobile website this week!
With smartphone use soaring, mobile marketing offers an almost guaranteed way for small business owners to attract more customers—and more sales.
Recent comScore figures show that some 82.2 million Americans now have smartphones, with that number growing by the day. It's no wonder then that small-business owners are rapidly realizing the importance of adding mobile marketing to their overall marketing strategies. In the Small Business Mobile Survey released earlier this month by Web.com, 69 percent of small businesses say they believe mobile marketing will be critical to their growth over the next five years.
But as every busy business owner will admit, knowing that something is important and actually acting on it are two different things. For example, only 60 percent of small businesses that responded to a Web.com survey say have websites. (What’s up with the other 40 percent of you?) Of that 60 percent, just 26 percent have a mobile-friendly website (which is optimized for a smartphone screen), and a paltry 14 percent have a stand-alone mobile website.